Are you looking for a guest posting plugin? If you are single person handling your own blogging website it is very difficult to to write blogs consistently. Most of the bloggers quit blogging just because they can’t write good quality blog consistently. There can be many reasons for the blogger to quit blogging.
The most common reason is the time investment required to write a good quality blog. People can’t spend a lot of time to write a blog if they are are doing blogging for a part-time basis.
The second most common reason to quit blogging is is the lack of traffic, visitors visiting the blog / website.
Both the cases of quitting blog writing is mainly because of lack of consistency in writing the blog. Google reduces the DR rating of the website if the user is not consistent.
Most of the new bloggers are part time bloggers. They can’t spend money for the content writers to write a good quality blog for an article for them. For such users, guest blogging is is a divine functionality which allows visitors to write the blog or an article for them.
WordPressprovide ample of plugins which helps visitor to write the blog for the website. many users are willing to write the guest blog because it helps them to get a dofollow backlink by embedding the link of their website in in the blog.
You can check the video embedded below which will preview the live demo of how to allow an user submit a blog post in your website.
Steps required to set the guest posting feature on your website
Step 1: Go to Plugins menu in the left sidebar. You need to download User Submitted Post plugin. once the plugin is downloaded install the plugin and activate it.
Step 2: Once the plugin is is activated hover on the settings menu on the left sidebar. You can see the new menu user submitted post as a dropdown of settings. Click on it.
Step 3: Click on the plugin settings link. You can see multiple labels which can be added add in the form. Example username, email, URL, title, tag, category and many more. You can disable the field or display and make it required. Using these fields you can collect the informations by the guest user. You can also add captcha to avoid spam by bots.
Step 4: Select the HTML forrm style. The default style is perfect for any kind of website. You can play with CSS if you have prior knowledge. You can also put challenging questions like simple math or grammar to avoid bots and hackers attack your website. Click on the save button.
Step 5: You can allow user to submit post automatically without verification. But this is not recommended as the blog might contain hateful or adult content. If theuser submits the post, it will come directly under the ‘posts’ section where you can verify and select category, tags and other SEO stuff.
Step 6: Scroll to the bottom, and click on the accordion ‘Display the form’. You will get a shortcode given below. Copy that shortcode. If you want the authentic user to login and then submit the post you have to follow the process as mentioned just below the ‘Display the form’ section.
user – submitted – posts in square brackets, and without space.
Step 6: Go to the page where you want the form and paste the shortcode.
Step 7: You can see a form in the guest posting page where the guest user can fill the required data and post details. You can test yourself by submitting few guest posts.
Step 8: Choose File option enables user to post images and videos. The first image by default will be the featured image of the blog post. It will be seen the with the excerpt and title in the blog list page as shown below.
1: Hide post tags and post category as guest user may not be aware of the categories your website has. You can change it according to the niche of the blog by yourself in the post section of the admin panel.
2. If your website has high traffic, make sure to enable the captcha. There are many bots in the network waiting to attack the website and turn it down. So beware. It might even suspend your adsense account.
3. Allow the user to add images. The first image will by default becomes the featured image. It will lessen your efforts.
4. There are many advantages with guest posting. But this super functionality bring many disadvantages. Lets discuss below some of the advantages and disadvantages of enabling the guest posting. Watch this on Youtube.
Advantages of allowing guest posting in wordpress website
- Saves time and energy: People write for you and help your website to have a consistent new content. You just need to review it. Admin handling the website can save a lot of time like researching for a new content, documenting it, etc. and you can utilize this time to increase the SEO of particular post you want to rank it on Google.
- Share: If you have some contacts with the experts or content writers, you can just share the link of guest posting page. Once the writer writes a blog for you and submits the post, the post will automatically appear in the ‘All Posts’ page. You can change the settings, images, keywords, categories before updating it.
- Increase watch time: To post a blog through the ‘Guest Post’ page, the guest user will spend more time before submitting it. Eventually increase the average watch time of the entire website.
- According to the Google’s search algorithm, more the average time of the website, higher the chance to get the website rank on the first page of google search results.
Disadvantages of allowing guest posts
There are many disadvantages of allowing guest blogging. Lets discuss it below. You can avoid doing mistakes once you know it.
- Spam: Many bots are placed by the hackers to attack the websites. They might attack the website through the guest posting page. They always try to spam with multiple blogs without meaning. There are many plugins available to avoid these spams.
- Backlink creators: Many other blog writers tries to guest post in your website with irrelevant blogs and embeds the link/ url of their website and most of the time, these blogs are not relevant to the niche of your website.
- Language: My website is 100% English website. And I prefer English blogs. Many of the guests post I receive are in different languages like Russian, Arabic, Japanese, etc. There is no solution to stop this. You can put a note in your guest posting page and tell writers to publish only the blogs which your website’s niche supports.
- If the guest posts contains images and videos, it will utilize the memory of your website. You will indirectly receive those images and videos in your media library. If they are not compressed and size is large, it will eventually slow down your website.
- Adult content: I also received blogs with the links of adult websites. And I don’t want these type of content in my website. It will hamper the DR Rating and Google Adsense might take action on your account.
- Many developers who handles pornographic websites tries to create the backlink in your website. You should always keep your website free from adult content.
Precautions to be taken
- You should not allow guest’s blog to display on the web page directly after posting it by the guest. There is setting the plugin User Submitted Post. Disable the automatic posting option. The guest post will appear in the ‘All posts’ page, and there is a -pending label on it. Once you verify that blog is safe, you can update it.
- Uncontrollable traffic: Once your website starts gaining good amount of traffic, stop accepting guest posts. There will be a spam like problem as many new user tries to create the guest posts. And most of the posts might be irrelevant.
User Submitted Posts plugin has the rating of 4.8 starts and 30,000+ active installations. It is one of the best plugin for automatic blog posting with features like pending blogs, verifying blogs before updating, etc. You can check more wordpress related blog and a video playlist below.